I
watched a video from Hong Kong city center that was about elevated
walkways in that area. I noticed that this kind of structure has
considerably helped to the traffic flow, make it safe and quick for
pedestrian to cross the streets and has provided good view for them.This
is a suitable structure for dense areas like Hong Kong. On the other
hand I noticed that this structure could block the motor vehicles view
to buildings and street.According to Rotmeyer (2006) elevated walkways
could affect the vitality of streets when pedestrian became seperated
from it.Furthermore in dense areas like Hong Kong city center with high
rise bulidings the air movement is low especially at the street level
and elevated walkways could perform as a barrier to make it worst
(Department of Architecture Chinese university of Hong Kong 2005).
Therefore these problems should be considered to adjust this effective
structure to dense areas like Hong Kong.
Sources:
- Rotmeyer,J 2006,The sustainable city,WTI press publishing, United Kingdom.
- Department
of Architecture Chinese university of Hong Kong 2005, Establishment of
Air ventilation Assessment System, china, accessed 11 May,
<www.pland.gov.hk>
No comments:
Post a Comment